<mark><mark>Ivana</mark></mark> is described by Michel as being quite beautiful, having a thin face and an overbite. She also has a prominent smile, which Michel describes as beautiful, nerdy and goofy.
Early Life Edit
At some point between 1969 and 1992 Ivana was born somewhere in Russia. At some point before the Ares voyage, she shared a Nobel Prize in Chemistry. She was friends with Maya and Nadia on the Ares, and gossiped with them about who on the ship was having sex.
Life on Mars Edit
Ivana was part of a small group that greeted Ann Clayborne when she entered the Reds hideout.
- Ivana is a common Slavic and Hebrew name, meaning 'God is Gracious'.
- ↑ This is described in Michel's personal notes on his computer from Michel in Antarctica, the first chapter of The Martians.
- ↑ Ivana's age is never mentioned, but during the Ares voyage in 2026, Maya mentions the oldest travelers are 58 (Vlad) and 33 (Hiroko), so Ivana is somewhere between the ages of 34 and 57.
- ↑ Maya mentions this in The Voyage Out, the second chapter of Red Mars.
- ↑ Michel mentions this again in his personal notes in Michel in Antarctica.
- ↑ Maya mentions this again later in The Voyage Out.
- ↑ This is detailed throughout various chapters of Green Mars.
- ↑ http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Ivana